“Hope is a fantastic noun and a shit verb.”Unknown 
Just take a moment to reflect on that quote for a minute.
How many times have you heard people say, “I hope ..”?
Hope as a verb is not a strategy for success because hoping for something, doesn’t make it happen.
Having hope, however, is a different story.
People who have hope think in three distinct ways :
- They think about goals and solutions, rather than focusing on the problem;
- They generate multiple pathways or options to achieve their goals; and
- They believe that have agency and the skills to achieve their goals.
So, if you want to help someone generate hope:
- Help them to think about their goals by asking them about what they want, rather than what they don’t;
- Help them develop multiple pathways by working with them on different options; and
- Work with them to identify their strengths and situations when they have achieved similar goals in the past.
 Does anyone know the origins of this quote?
 David B. Feldman, C. R. Snyder (2005). Hope and the Meaningful Life: Theoretical and Empirical Associations Between